WHAT IS ASHTANGA YOGA?
In the Ashtanga sequence, each posture builds off the previous. Students are given poses one by one, receiving the next posture only after obtaining a level of mastery on the previous. The student’s practice will slowly lengthen as he or she gains strength, stamina, flexibility, and concentration.
All levels are welcome and no prior knowledge of yoga is required. Students should commit to a minimum 3x/week practice and are encouraged to practice the traditional 6 days a week.
Saturdays, New Moon, and Full Moon are observed as rest days. Please check our schedule for rest days.
Led Ashtanga is when the teacher leads the whole class through the sequence together. These classes tend to be slightly faster in pace, as the student will move with the group instead of on his or her own.
We offer Led classes for Beginner, Beginner Plus, Open, and Advanced Levels.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS?
Who can practice?
Pregnant women should not practice Ashtanga unless they already have a regular Ashtanga practice
How can I start to practice?
Should I do some led classes before joining Mysore?
But won't I interrupt the Mysore class if I'm just walking in during the middle?
Do you allow visiting students?
Yes! We love visiting students! If you have a regular Mysore practice please feel free to join us as a drop in for Mysore class. If not, you are welcome in any of our Led classes.
Cost for drop-in: $22
What is Led?
What should I wear?
What do I need to bring?
Are there any times where I shouldn't practice?
Do you have showers, mats, and lockers??
POLICIES & PROCEDURES
*What to know before coming to class*
- Mysore classes are membership only except for visiting students with an existing Mysore practice, who may drop-in for $22.
- Mat storage is $15/month run on an automatic monthly renewal. To terminate mat storage and accompanying charges the mat must be picked up and a written request sent to email@example.com.
- Led classes to start on time. Please arrive 5 minutes early. No admission 5 minutes after the start of class.
- Try not to eat four hours before practice.
- Please leave shoes in front and all belongings on the shelves underneath the front bench or in the lockers provided. We try to keep the studio clean and empty.
- Water also should be drunk before and after class but not brought into the studio.
- Remember to wipe down the area around your mat when done.
*Make ups and Membership Holds*
- Land Yoga classes and memberships are Non Transferable and Not Sharable.
- We are unable to make up kids’ classes. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Expired Led classes can be reinstated if the member purchased a package of equal or greater value. Old classes will then have the expiration date of the new package.
- Land Yoga suspends memberships for extreme events only. In the case of a medical or family emergency please email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the absence to receive a membership hold. Unused membership freezes are not exchangeable for monetary value.
- New student and One Month Memberships will not be frozen without renewal.
- All Private sessions have a $25 cancellation/rescheduling fee when changed within a week before the session and will be fully charged if canceled within 24 hours of the session.
- In the event of early cancellation of a package, the student will be charged the difference as if having purchased the next shortest package
*All Sales are final*