WHAT IS ASHTANGA YOGA?
In the Ashtanga sequence, each posture builds off the previous. Students are given poses one by one, receiving the next posture only after obtaining a level of mastery on the previous. The student’s practice will slowly lengthen as he or she gains strength, stamina, flexibility, and concentration.
All levels are welcome and no prior knowledge of yoga is required. Students should commit to a minimum 3x/week practice and are encouraged to practice the traditional 6 days a week.
Saturdays, New Moon, and Full Moon are observed as rest days. Please check our schedule for rest days.
Led Ashtanga is when the teacher leads the whole class through the sequence together. These classes tend to be slightly faster in pace, as the student will move with the group instead of on his or her own.
We offer Led classes for Beginner, Beginner Plus, Open, and Advanced Levels.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS?
Who can practice?
Anyone can practice regardless of age, flexibility, gender, experience. There are no drop-ins for Mysore except for students with a regularly established Mysore practice. Trying Mysore classes means giving yourself a month commitment to experience the practice. All our Led classes allow drop-ins.
Pregnant women should not practice Ashtanga unless they already have a regular Ashtanga practice
How can I start to practice?
Should I do some led classes before joining Mysore?
While we are live streaming all classes we ask that students take some led classes and/or our Intro to Ashtanga course before joining the Mysore classes.
But won't I interrupt the Mysore class if I enter during the middle?
Do you allow visiting students?
Yes! We love visiting students! If you have a regular Mysore practice please feel free to join us as a drop in for Mysore class. If not, you are welcome in any of our Led classes.
Cost for drop-in: $20
What is Led?
Led just means the teacher calls out the poses and everyone does them together. This is different from our Mysore classes where the students move at their own breath pace doing a sequence they learn over time to memorize.
What should I wear?
Are there any times where I shouldn't practice?
POLICIES & PROCEDURES
*What to know before coming to class*
Sign up for classes at least 15 minutes before start time. You will receive your link to join 5 minutes before class.
You may leave your camera on or off during class. Leave your camera on if you wish to receive feedback.
The teacher may mute your microphone during class to reduce background noise.
*Make ups and Membership Holds*
- Land Yoga classes and memberships are Non Transferable and Not Sharable.
- We are unable to make up kids’ classes. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Expired Led classes can be reinstated if the member purchased a package of equal or greater value. Old classes will then have the expiration date of the new package.
- Land Yoga suspends memberships for extreme events only. In the case of a medical or family emergency please email email@example.com prior to the absence to receive a membership hold. Unused membership freezes are not exchangeable for monetary value.
- New student and One Month Memberships will not be frozen without renewal.
- All Private sessions have a $25 cancellation/rescheduling fee when changed within a week before the session and will be fully charged if canceled within 24 hours of the session.
- In the event of early cancellation of a package, the student will be charged the difference as if having purchased the next shortest package
*All Sales are final*
Schedule is subject to change